The old regime drafted him #1 and paid a king's ransom for him, but unfortunately the old regime didn't know how to really help their new "prince" and injuries didn't help.
Enter Jeff Fisher and his new regime and they are backing Sam solidly. With him coming off of an injury plagued slump they turned their back on Robert Griffin III and completely backed Bradford. They pretty much have done all that they can this off season to put him in a spot for success.
Here are the things they did to make sure he will spring back in 2012:
- They signed Sams newest friend - Pro Bowler Scott Wells. He comes to the team as possibly being the most important player that has been added to the roster. He is considered to be one of the better centers in the NFL and the best one available. Aaron Rodgers benefited from the presence of Wells and so will Sam.
- Better health on the O-Line in 2012 is going to help the starters work more effectively as a solid unit protecting Bradford. New Rams O-Line coach Paul Boudreau will too. His new scheme will help shore up the edges for tackles Jason Smith and Rodger Saffold. Guard Harvey Dahl was the best blocker last season and he has succeeded before under Boudreau in Atlanta and he will be much better now that he is back with his old coach. So, better protection means better health for Sam, giving him more time to throw.
- The traditional ground games of Fisher is going to greatly benefit Bradford. With Jackson, ranking 3rd in the NFL in total career rushing yards for active players, their second round choice, Isaiah Pead, will help keep SJ39 fresh while being a reliable backup if he should be needed for more work. Now other teams will need to account for more than one Rams running back.
- The new regime has upgraded Bradfords receiving targets. Brian Quick has come to camp showing that he is a true #1 wideout. Danny Amendola is healthy and can now excel at slot receiver, then there is Chris Givens who bring speed and Steve Smith who brings some veteran knowledge.
- Bradford finally will receive personal instruction from a QB coach. Frank Cignetti will be able to give Bradford all of his attention, unlike Josh McDaniels who tried to do two jobs.
Make sure that you take time out to go over to our website and see what LSURAM has to say about what's been going on during the off season.
How Good Can This Defense Be?
Is the focus for this installment of "Where Are They Now" on "Patti's Ramblings".
It's that time again for fantasy football and as always, we have two leagues open at Yahoo Sports. Anyone who might be interested in joining is more than welcome to do so by going to one or both of the links listed below.
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/65551 (There are 4 openings left in this league. The draft is Aug. 17th @ 3pm PST)
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/65564 (There are 8 openings left in this league. The draft is Aug. 29th @ 3pm PST)
Come join us for a fun season of fantasy football. If you do join us, come on over to the new blog just for our FFB team managers.